Mora Banc Grup is a banking group in the Principality of Andorra owned by the Mora family. MoraBanc banking entity in Andorra was created in 1958 as Banca Coma SL, later renamed to Banco Internacional d’Andorra SA, the parent company of the commercial group Banco Internacional Banca Mora or BIBM. In 2011 company was relabeled to Mora Banc Grup SA, under the trademark MoraBanc.
Mora Banc Grup consists of:
- Mora Banc, SAU
- Mora Private Banking
- Mora Asset Management
- Mora Wealth Management (wealth managers in Zurich and Miami)
- Mora Insurance
Although Banco Internacional d’Andorra could operate in 9 out of 11 branches in Andorra, the only one that used the name Banco Internacional was the branch on Avinguda de Meritxell n. 32 of Andorra la Vella, while the rest used the name, Banca Mora.
MoraBanc SWIFT/BIC Code
MORA BANC GRUP SA BIC/Swift code details:
Head office address:
MORA BANC GRUP SA, AVINGUDA MERITXELL, 96, ANDORRA LA VELLA, AD500
Phone: (+376) 88 48 84
Fax: (+376) 88 44 99
Official Site: www.morabanc.ad
MoraBanc online banking
With MoraBanc’s Banca Online you can do your everyday banking from any device – Clients Area.
MoraBanc Private Banking Services
MoraBanc specializes in retail and corporate banking to give the most appropriate product and service to each type of customer.
MoraBanc Grup maintains activity in private banking with expert staff that seeks to provide excellent customer service. Private banking at MoraBanc is based on relationships of mutual trust, on the institution’s ability to provide professional and expert management, and on the design of solutions to meet the objectives and needs of customers.
Mora Wealth Management specializes in the management of the assets of private clients, family offices, and institutional clients, through multiple custodian banks and in different international jurisdictions.
MoraBanc Asset Management is the unit responsible for all discretionary management activity on behalf of third parties and includes the management of mandates tailored to the clients of country banking, private banking, and Wealth Management, and a varied and competitive offer of investment funds.
MoraBanc Assegurances is the insurance company of MoraBanc. The aim is to carry out all types of insurance (accidents and health guarantees complementary to life guarantees). In addition to life insurance, Mora offers savings and pension products, such as pension and retirement plans.
In April 1962, Banca Mora bought Banca Coma, with two banking licenses. In 1970, Banco de Bilbao (now Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria (BBVA) joined Banca Coma as a partner, which became known as Banco Internacional de Andorra.
Since then, the progress of the group, associated with Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria (BBVA) has not stopped growing and in 2006, the Andorran founding partners acquired 51% of the shares that were in the hands of BBVA; in this way, BIBM became a 100% Andorran group, 100% family-owned. In 2009 the international expansion begins. It currently has MoraWealth Management wealth management subsidiaries in solid, recognized, and highly regulated positions such as Switzerland and the USA.
During these years, MoraBanc has been awarded as a Bank of Andorra by the prestigious magazine The Banker (2009, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2019), and its notoriety increases outside Andorra with the purchase in 2014 of the Casa Vicens in Barcelona, Gaudí’s first work, to open to the public as a museum. In the same year, MorBanc signed the sponsorship that allows Bàsquet Club Andorra to play the Endesa League (ACB) again under the name MoraBanc Andorra. In 2016, MoraBanc began a stage of transformation marked by the entry into force of the automatic exchange of information on 1/1/2017 in Andorra and the adoption of a clear commitment to transparency and international regulations. MoraBanc faces this new stage with strong investments in digital banking and in redefining the bank’s structure and offer.
- 1952: On June 6, Banca Mora is created.
- 1960: Banca Mora buys Banca Coma.
- 1970: Banco de Bilbao buys 33% of Banca Coma’s stake in Mora and creates Banco Internacional SA (International Bank of Andorra).
- 1973: The International Bank buys Banca Mora by creating the Banco Internacional Banca Mora (BIBM) group.
- 1988: BIBM creates the first fully managed investment fund in Andorra.
- 1992: Creation of the insurance subsidiary, Assegurances Principat S.A.
- 2000: Inauguration of the BIBM headquarters on Avinguda de Meritxell in Andorra la Vella.
- 2006: The Mora family buys 51% of the group’s shares from BBVA.
- 2007: BIBM agreed on an integration process with Andbanc, with the aim of tackling an internationalization project backed by the turnover of the two financial institutions. Five months later, the separation was decided upon, which provided a new impetus for BIBM to face the future of the entity with new proposals aimed at creating value and meeting customer expectations.
- 2009: Creation of Mora Wealth Management, AG, in Zurich, Switzerland, and the start of the group’s international expansion. Purchase of 95% of the wealth manager PRS Latam Llc, based in Miami, United States of America. This manager is now Mora Wealth Management, Miami.
- BIBM is named Bank of the Year in Andorra 2009 by The Banker magazine.
- 2010: BIBM receives the low emission certificate for being a neutral entity in CO₂ emissions
- 2011: BIBM becomes Mora Banc Grup SA and Banca Mora becomes MoraBanc.