Immigrate to Andorra
Are you planning to relocate to Andorra? Andorra Partner provides premium immigration services, focused on solutions for individuals and businesses looking to immigrate to Andorra and establish tax residency. Our expert team of immigration lawyers, translators, real estate agents, and financial experts will help with Andorra’s immigration requirements.
We will take care of your immigration visa file with the utmost care and anonymity. Our experts are there to help you find a property according to your needs, translate your documents accurately, and answer your all questions. Based on the information provided, we provide several options for clients planning to relocate, which are divided into two categories: active residency and passive residency.
Andorra: immigration by investment
Passive residence allows you to run a business from outside Andorra without having to declare and pay local taxes; however, you must invest an amount of €400,000 or more in Andorran assets or purchase the property in Andorra.
In addition, the following requirements are necessary to obtain the visa and passive, Andorra residency by investment:
- €50,000 deposit for the main applicant and €10,000 for each dependent in AFA, which will be blocked by the Minister of Finance until the departure or the granting of Andorran citizenship.
- During the 6 months following the granting of an Andorran residence permit, you will be required to invest in real estate in Andorra or to make financial investments of €350,000, if you apply alone; €340,000 if you apply with your spouse; €330,000 if you apply with your spouse and child.
- Applicants must demonstrate sufficient financial resources to support themselves and their families. To do so, they will have to submit to an Andorran Financial Institution a bank certificate of 300% of the Andorra minimum wage, as well as an additional amount equivalent to 100% for each dependent.
- In addition, applicants must obtain private medical insurance recognized in Andorra, as well as a contract to rent or buy property in Andorra.
Andorra: immigration for entrepreneurs with international projection
The Andorran government offers an alternative to the passive residency option, which is for applicants who wish to form an Andorran company with international projection and conduct the majority of business outside Andorra (minimum 85%). This category does not allow you to work in Andorra except for specific activities related to your company. The requirements for the passive residence option are as follows:
- Private medical insurance recognized in Andorra.
- A rental contract or property purchase in Andorra is required.
- Deposit of €50,000 for the business owner and €10,000 for each dependent in AFA, which will be blocked by the Minister of Finance until departure or granting of Andorran citizenship.
- Applicants must demonstrate sufficient financial resources to support themselves and their families. The same rules apply as in the case of immigration by investment presented above.
Andorra: immigration for people who excel in sports, culture, or science
VIP category allows applicants to avoid any additional investment offered to accredited artists, athletes, and world-renowned personalities. Applicants must submit documents detailing international ranking and achievements, as well as proof of their income for the previous year.
- A deposit of €50,000 is required for the applicant and €10,000 for each dependent in AFA, blocked by the Minister of Finance until the departure or the granting of the Andorran citizenship.
Active residency with self-employment visa
The active residence and self-employment permit can be obtained when you have a participation of more than 20% of an Andorran company and additionally hold a position of administrator.
Requirements for the active residence permit:
- Own more than 20% shares of an Andorran company and additionally hold a position in the Administrative Body. Andorra company formation or purchase of already existing assets are the most common solutions.
- Stay in Andorra a minimum of 183 days per year to establish Andorra tax residency.
- Contribute to the Andorran Social Security (CASS) as a self-employed person.
- €15,000 deposit in the Andorran Financial Authority that will be returned upon your departure from the country.
Andorra: residence with work permit
- Pass the immigration quota system.
- Have a work contract in an Andorran company.
Residence for admission at homes for elderly, medical and treatment centers
Residence for admission to private geriatric centers, medical or therapeutic care centers authorizes you to reside in the country if you are admitted to any of these facilities for at least 90 days per calendar year.
- Residence in the country for a minimum of 90 days per calendar year.
- No engagement in any employment or professional activity.
- Provide sufficient financial means to support yourself.
Andorra: family reunion
Citizen of Andorra or Andorran resident has the right to sponsor certain family members to come to Andorra, specifically:
- Children under 25 years of age at the time of application.
- Parent(s), if they are retired.
- Dependent children of the spouse or conjugal partner.
Applicants residing in the Principality of Andorra for at least 20 years or individuals proving that their main residence has been in Andorra for 10 years in addition to having completed compulsory education in Andorra will be eligible to apply for Andorran nationality.
Advantages of immigration to Andorra
- The residence permit is usually simple to obtain. It is not necessary to apply for the Andorran immigration visa, the complete process takes place on the Principality of Andorra.
- Any child born in Andorra automatically obtains Andorran citizenship if the parents, third-country nationals, are legal residents of Andorra.
- Accelerated and simplified plans for obtaining visas are available for citizens from the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.
- A favorable Andorra tax system, especially in relation to business.
- Andorra’s banking system is considered unparalleled.
- High quality of life and relatively low prices for goods and services.
- Andorra has one of the highest life expectancies in the world, exceeding 83 years on average.
- A top-notch education system where children learn to speak and write Catalan, French, Spanish, and English.
- Outstanding healthcare system, medical facilities, and personnel, all treatment is fully covered by insurance.
- Almost no crime rate, among the lowest on the planet.
- The impeccable natural environment, clean and safe.
- Advantageous position between France and Spain, close to beaches and mountains as well as airports and several major European cities such as Barcelona and Toulouse, both of which are 2-3 hours drive away.
- Winter sports: Andorra has several world-renowned ski resorts, and the infrastructure is located in the breathtaking Pyrenees mountain range just a stone’s throw away.
- Acquisition of real estate is generally simple and efficient (the absence of cadastral registers guarantees complete confidentiality of the transaction).