Nuestra Señora de Meritxell Hospital is the only hospital in Andorra. Additionally, eleven primary care centers and one social and health care center are managed by SAAS.
Hospital Nostra Senyora de Meritxell
The Hospital Nostra Senyora de Meritxell name comes from the patron saint of the country, Our Lady of Meritxell. The hospital was built in 1993 on 12 levels in a very steep area in Escaldes-Engordany. The three lowest levels are a car park for 267 cars. The upper floors form an S-shaped linear block. There are 192 single rooms with bathrooms.
In December 2018, an artistic installation was inaugurated to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. A new radiotherapy unit will be built in the car park on Avinguda Fiter I Rossell, next to the hospital, and will be connected by a lift.
Patients who need to be treated by specialists can be sent to Barcelona or Toulouse by helicopter, as the hospital is equipped with a helipad.
Hospital Nostra Senyora de Meritixell
Av. Fiter I Rossell 1-13, Escaldes-Engordany 700, Andorra.
Tel: +376 871 000
List of available treatments
Specialized units available in Nuestra Señora de Meritxell Hospital with CASS coverage:
- Anesthesiology and Resuscitation
- Pain Treatment Unit
- General Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
- ENT unit
- Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology
- Internal Medicine
- Oncological Hematology
- Nephrology and Dialysis Unit
- Medical Oncology
- Addictive Behaviors Unit
- Gynecology and Obstetrics
- Pediatrics and Neonatology
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Clinical Laboratory / Blood Bank
Health centers in Andorra
The SAAS manages the following centers in Andorra:
- Nuestra Señora de Meritxell Hospital, the only hospital in Andorra, located in Escaldes-Engordany
- Canillo Primary Care Center
- Encamp Primary Care Center
- Pas de la Casa Primary Care Center
- Ordino Primary Care Center
- La Massana Primary Care Center
- La Sardana Primary Care Center in Andorra la Vella
- Andorra la Vella Primary Care Center
- Primary Care Center of Santa Coloma
- Primary Care Center of Sant Julià de Lòria
- Escaldes-Engordany Primary Care Center
- Fiter & Rossell Primary Care Center in Escaldes-Engordany
- El Cedre social and health care center for elderly and disabled people in Andorra la Vella.
The Andorran health care service (SAAS), in Catalan Servei Andorrà d’Atenció Sanitària, is a public entity responsible for providing most of the health care in Andorra by a delegation of the Ministry of Health. The SAAS was created in 1986 and its mission is to provide health services to the entire population of Andorra.